Iris Power uses the TGA-B to periodically collect voltage pulse data through 80pF Iris Power Epoxy Mica Capacitors on Turbo Generators, critical motors, dry type transformers, switchgear and isolated phase bus. The data is analyzed using PDView diagnostic software to provide information need to avoid catastrophic failures, extending the life your asset and reducing the risk of unplanned outages.
All data analysis results automatically output from PDView provide information need to understand the severity and location of:
- Insulation abrasion
- Loose stator wedges
- Thermal degradation of stator insulation
- Manufacturing defects of stator bars
The results are the most repeatable and reliable information available which can also be referenced against the Iris Power severity tables which consist of a statistical review of over 550,000 machine tests globally to provide a relative health index against similar machines.
- Connect with up to 6 permanently installed Iris Power 80pF Epoxy Mica Capacitors (EMC)
- Operates on machines with either 50Hz or 60Hz power frequency
- Sophisticated monitoring and analysis system prevents false indications by digitally separating partial discharges from electrical noise, on a pulse-by-pulse basis.
- Proven filtering algorithms enhances noise separation to allowing for a reliable and objective detection of stator winding problems such as poor impregnation, overheated windings, coil movement in the slot, ineffective or deteriorating grading / semi-conductive material problems, and contamination.
- In response to a partial discharge alert, users can review the pulse height analysis plots, and the 32-window phase resolved partial discharge plots using basic interpretation to confirm the cause of the alert
- PDView software performs automatic assessment and displays alerts to when high partial discharge conditions are detected.
- Low frequency option for offline testing with one portable 16 kV coupler
- Low frequency option for offline testing with one portable 25 kV coupler
- Optional configuration to measure partial discharges on up to 12 EMC couplers for hydro generators (TGA-BP)
- Optional configuration to measure partial discharges on up to 6 Iris Power Stator Slot Couplers (SSCs) for larger turbo generators (TGA-SB)
- VFD Monitoring Kit which includes a reference circuit and capacitive divider assembly to allow partial discharge monitoring on motors with VFD drives operating between 20 Hz to 120 Hz