Flux monitoring identifies shorted rotor turns through the measurement of the local magnetic field emanated from each rotor pole to identify a coil with shorted rotor turns.
- Ideally used with permanently installed Iris Power Total Flux Probe (TFProbe) or Folding Flux Probe (FFProbe)
- Inputs for shaft sync sensor (Keyphasor) for pole determination when shorts are detected.
- Monitors up to four machines with 4 to 128 poles per machine
The FluxTracII and RotorFluxPro software provides instant analysis to indicate the presence and location any rotor poles with shorted turns .
Analyzing the voltage waveforms in real time, comparing average and discrete flux readings, and trending readings to identify anomalies in the flux due to shorted turns.
- The FluxTracII can operate “stand alone” system with only periodic downloading of archived data or it can be networked into the plant control system for remote data acquisition and analysis through USB, Ethernet or Modbus.
- An alert output using a dedicated relay can activate a remote indicator of shorted turns. The alert output may also be connected to a plant monitoring system.